Thursday, May 27, 2010

Update

So, it has been two years since I moved home, and I have not stuck to the low-oxalate part of the diet, but I have been really good (for the most part) with the Paleo part (with occasional dairy and chocolate.) I find that when I use clobetasol ointment fairly regularly (2-3 times a week) and eat strict paleo (even with a little cheese) my LS vastly improves. When I am stressed out, and eat grains or sugars (usually the result of being stressed out) I have flare-ups. So, long story short, the diet does seem to help if I stick to it. I found a site recently that talks about lectins and autoimmune diseases, and it does seem that a Paleo-style diet will eventually make a difference if as the science is suggesting, lectins play some part in the disease. If I discover anything new in my research, I will post it here.

I have begun a new blog called Edible. Please visit if you get the chance!

No comments: